Al Jannah Ahadiya Program
Unlike a typical weekend Islamic school, Al Jannah Sunday School will not only use conventional teaching methods, but also create several innovative activities to engage your children. Learning Islam will be made exciting and pleasant, Insha’Allah!
Al-Jannah Sunday School program was officially launched on Sunday, January 3, 2010 with 35 students and 4 volunteer teachers. The classes were initially designed for boys and girls studying in Grades 1 to 10. Alhamdulillah, each progressive year brings more students and staff. Moreover, our program is now designed for students in Pre-Junior Kindergarten (Preschoolers) to Grade 12.
The mission of Al-Jannah Sunday School program is to teach Islamic knowledge based on the Qur'an and Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) which will, in turn, strengthen the deen (religious values) of our children and produce Muslims who are good citizens in our community and in the larger Canadian society.
These classes are taught by experienced Islamic teachers and will be held on Sundays from 10:00 am to 12:20 pm. Our academic year starts in September and ends in June.
AL JANNAH SUNDAY SCHOOL STAFF:
PRINCIPAL: Br. Rizvi Basheer - B.Ed (OISE/UT), B.Sc. (University of Toronto)
- Mufti Arshad Sufi - Imam of Masjid Al-Jannah, completed postsecondary education in Islamic Theology and Religious studies at Darul Uloom Al-Arabiya Al-Islamiya situated in Bury, Greater Manchester
- Br. Azeem Mubarak – Currently pursuing a undergraduate in Business and Commerce at University of Toronto, completed Hifdul Quran degree at Al Raashid Institute.
- Br. Paygham Whahedi- Graduate of OISE - University of Toronto Teachers college program. Graduate of York University with Honours in Criminology
- Br. Sohaib Saleh - Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Science - University of Toronto, Scarborough Campus,
- Sr. Shazna Imtiaz – B.Ed. (Colombo, Sri Lanka) and a degree in MBA specializing in Human Resource Management (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
- Sr. Shazna Ismath – Completed Pre-school & Sub-Primary Education and Diploma in Software Technology in Sri Lanka.
- Sr. Iqra Memon – Honors Bachelor of Commerce (Laurentian University)
- Sr. Amrin Shiraz - Currently pursuing a double degree in English, Ethics and Law at University of Toronto St. George Campus, teacher at Academic Enrichment Centre downtown.
- Sr. Nuzla Ameen – Currently pursuing a degree in University of Toronto in Human Biology, Former student of Al Jannah Sunday School
- Sr. Affafa Rizvi (volunteer) – Graduate of Muslim Ladies Arabic College Colombo, former teacher at Al-Manaar International School and Sangamitha Baalika Maha Vidyalaya in Colombo
- Sr. Nazreen Rimzy (volunteer) - Currently pursuing Taleem-al-Qur’an at Al-Huda Institute Canada, completed Teachers’ Training College, former teacher at Muslim Ladies College Colombo
- Sr. Aniqah Iqram - Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Economics and Accounting at the University of Toronto, Instructor at the Scarborough Town Kumon Centre for Math and English
FEES for 2012 – 2013 Academic Year - CDN $25 per month for the first child and only CDN $20 for each subsequent child in the immediate family